- Dual Ionization Sensing Technology. Ionization technology is most sensitive to fast flaming fires. The sensing chamber is screened for insect protection.
- “Smart Technology” system. A system of improvements designed to reduce nuisance alarms. A redesigned cover, metal sensing chamber and new integrated circuit (IC) work together to reduce nuisance alarms.
- Latching Alarm Indication. When interconnected in a series, the unit that triggered the alarm rapidly flashes its red LED indicator. After the alarm condition subsides, the initiating unit will store in memory or “latch” the information and begin to flash the green LED indicator 2 seconds on, 2 seconds off.
- Single Button Test/Silence. Eliminates confusion. Depending on what mode the alarm is in, pushing the button will test, silence, or re-test the alarm when in silence and clear the latching feature.
- Operates on 120VAC (9120BA) with 9V battery back-up. Keeps alarm working during a power failure.
- Easy access side-load battery drawer (9120BA) Battery installation and removal can occur while the unit is mounted to the ceiling or wall via the side load battery compartment.
- Inter-connectable—up to 18 devices, of which 12 can be smoke alarms Can be interconnected with up to 12 smoke alarms and the remaining
six can be combination units and / or RM4 realys.
- Locking Features. Pins are provided to lock battery drawer (9120BA only) and / or alarm to base. Great for apartment, dormitory or hotel applications where
unauthorized removal of alarm is not desired.
- “Quick-Connect” wiring harness Provides quick and easy connection to AC power.
Alarm Dimensions: 5.58” dia. x 1.97” H
Weight: 6.5 oz.
Operating Voltage: 120V AC 60Hz
Operating Current: .04 amps (standby/alarm)
Temperature Range: 40°F (4°C) to 100°F (38°C)
Humidity Range: 10% to 90% relative humidity (RH)
Audio Alarm: 85dB at 10 feet
Test Button: Electronically simulates the smoke condition, causing the unit to alarm.
Alarm Reset: Automatic when smoke clears
Interconnections: Up to 18 units of which 12 can be smoke alarms
Sensor: Dual chamber ionization
Indicator: LEDs AC Power: Constant Green LED
DC Power (9120BA) : Intermittent Red LED
Remote Alarm: Red LED out
Local Alarm: Red LED flashes rapidly
Latching Alarm: Green LED flashes 2 sec. on / 2 sec. off after local alarm stops
BRK SMOKE ALARM DATASHEET